Thanks to a customer bringing in a loaf for us to try, we have finally found the perfect recipe to put our Mexican vanilla to work! Check out recipe below:
- 2 cups cake flower plus more for pan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grease and flour a 10 by 5 by 3 inch loaf pan. With rack in centre, heat oven to 325. Place baking sheet on rack to heat. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In bowl of electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla; beat until creamy.
- With mixer on lowest speed, gradually add flour mixture. Mix until incorporated.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan; tap on the countertop to settle. Place pan on baking sheet in oven. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until cake is golden on top and it passes the toothpick test.
- Let pan cool on a rack for 1 hour. Slide knife around cake to loosen. Invert pan to remove cake, then place upright on rack. When completely cool, wrap cake tightly in plastic wrap, and let stand for 24 hours before serving.
Please let us know how the recipe goes for you - please tag us on instagram/story!