What's better than sitting outside on a hot summer night, listening to the crickets chirp, while winding down with a cold drink? Notttttt much!
We love a good cocktail almost just as much as we love neutrals and home decor!
So we decided to share with you a recipe for our favourite drink of 2017... the Gin Smash!
Mix this baby up the next time you've got guests (or for a solo night in.... no judgements here)!
The Gin Smash
- Fresh mint leaves
- Frozen berries
- Orange zest
- Gin (Bombay Sapphire is our go-to)
- Club soda
- 4 tbsp sugar
1. Grate the peel of a large orange to create zest. Add the zest and the sugar together in a small pot with 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil. Then let it simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat. This will create an orange infused simple syrup with lots of leftovers for future drinks!
2. Add a few mint leaves and frozen berries to the bottom of a cocktail shaker with 1 shot of gin. Muddle the mint leaves and berries together with the gin (you can use the back of a wooden spoon) so that all of the flavours fuse together. Once it's all muddled up, add the orange infused simple syrup and more gin (the amount depends on how many drinks you're making!).
3. Meanwhile, fill your mugs or cocktail glasses with ice, lots of ice. Then fill up your cocktail shaker with ice. Put the lid on. And shake that baby up!
4. Pour the cocktail mixture into your glasses over the ice. Add a bit of club soda to the mix. Then drop in a handful of frozen berries!
5. Slice up your lime and add it the rim along with a sprig of fresh mint for garnish!
6. Drink up!